Keith D Kulper, President

Keith D Kulper, President
Keith addressing 12/7/10 meeting of the KULPER Advisory Board held at New Jersey Institute of Technology

Friday, January 14, 2011

Passports.com---a great way for a young person to experience the world

It is a real pleasure to write this entry.

Many years ago I was privileged to travel to Europe with Dr Gil Markle and a group of college professors and secondary school instructors along with a large group of high school students from all over the country. At the time the organization was called the American Leadership Study Group ( ALSG). It was a life changing experience for me and for all of the other teenagers on the trip. We started in London --crossed the English Channel and headed off for incredible destinations throughout Europe with stops at US Embassies, world famous sites and a few discos, too! Dr Markle is the genius behind Passports, which is the successor organization of ALSG. Passports www.passports.com is the oldest and best travel/learning organization for high school and college students in the world.

I will be happy to share some anecdotes, but suffice it to say, Dr Markle organizes his trips with class and panache. If you have a youngster who you think could benefit from one of his trips---they are all excellent---then you might like to check out his website. Dr Markle has a staff that helps him organize and operate his many programs. Important for parents to know, he has always offered a very attractive deal to teachers and college profs ( and others) willing to act as the adult counseller(s) for a group of students coming from a particular school, university or program. For example, when I traveled with Dr Markle, our group from Delbarton School was led by Fr Karl Roesch, OSB. Fr Karl had a great time and we behaved for him because as he said. " I will be seeing you in September!"

I am sharing this with you all as a "thank you" to Dr Markle for enriching my life, many years ago; the effects resonate for me to this day. The trip made me bigger in many ways. The students I traveled with were great and the counselers equally so---but, the depth and breadth of the experience ---as led and organized by Dr Markle was unforgettable. I hope that my entry will encourage you to learn more---I had a great time and my memories remain fresh. Paris---Heidelberg--Innsbruck--Rome--Florence.....How fortunate I am to have had great parents who were willing to send me off for 6 weeks of travel, learning and fun. Maybe you will want to do the same for your young charges!

If so, I am sure that Passports.com could be a great option. www.passports.com

Warm regards from an intrepid traveler----ALSG lives!

Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment